CBD has recently skyrocketed in popularity as a medicinal supplement because of its proven anti-inflammatory properties and soothing effects. Even professional athletes are turning to this hemp-derived compound to aid them in their rigorous routines. CBD is incredibly versatile as it can be formulated into products like tinctures, capsules, and even candy. Many users even choose to incorporate CBD oil as an ingredient in their meals due to its mild, herbal flavor that does not alter how foods taste.
CBD Infused Foods for the Holidays
The benefits of CBD are innumerable, and many users want to spread the holiday joy to their friends and family with CBD infused food. With its relaxing effects on the mind and its ability to alleviate pain, everyone at the dinner table can benefit from CBD. If you are one of these users looking to share CBD and the gift of wellness with your loved ones, here are five easy-to-make holiday CBD recipes.
1) Walnut Chocolate Chip CBD Cookies
Forget classic chocolate chip cookies and surprise Santa this year with these delicious CBD infused cookies with walnuts. Sitting in that sleigh for such a long time can give old St. Nick some serious back pain, so why not give him a helping hand?
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup softened butter
- 0.5 oz unflavored CBD oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 °F
- Mix the softened butter, CBD tincture, brown sugar, and white sugar in a bowl until smooth before beating in the eggs one at a time. Add the vanilla extract.
- Dissolve the baking soda into the hot water and add it to the batter while stirring. Slowly add in the salt, chocolate chips, flour, and nuts.
- Drop large spoonfuls of batter, 2 inches apart, onto an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until edges turn a golden brown.
2) CBD Eggnog
Celebrate the holidays with this yummy CBD Eggnog recipe guaranteed to be a hit at your holiday celebrations. Although we recommend brandy for this particular recipe, feel free to use dark rum or bourbon as substitutes.
- 8 eggs, separated
- 12 teaspoons of CBD oil (or ¾ teaspoon per mug as desired)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- cinnamon sticks for garnish (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup brandy
- Beat egg yolks, sugar, and salt until smooth.
- Add whole milk, whipping cream, vanilla, and nutmeg. Whisk until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Gently stir the whipped egg whites into the eggnog until smooth.
- Chill until cold. Garnish with grated nutmeg or cinnamon sticks on top.
3) CBD Hot Chocolate
- 6 (12 oz) cans evaporated milk
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 teaspoon of CBD oil
- 16 oz bag of mini marshmallows
- Over medium heat, mix together milk, cinnamon, vanilla, and nutmeg in a large pot.
- Add chocolate chips and stir until they have melted.
- Cover pot and turn heat to low for 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in CBD tincture and serve with mini marshmallows on top.
4) Holiday CBD Cranberry Sauce
Another holiday classic made better by adding CBD. Use this cranberry sauce CBD recipe as a spread for toast, bagels, or panettone. Extremely versatile, cranberry sauce goes with almost anything. Just place it on the dinner table and watch it become a favorite among your guests.
- 12 oz cranberries
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cinnamon stick
- orange zest
- 1 tablespoon CBD oil
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ cup water
- goat cheese (optional)
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring together water, cranberries, and orange juice. Stir for one minute. Add sugar, salt, orange zest, and cinnamon stick.
- Stir until cranberries begin to soften.
- Add the CBD oil.
- Stir until all cranberries soften, and the mixture turns into a sauce.
- Remove from heat and let stand.
- Serve chilled as jam or mix with goat cheese for a delicious dip.
5) CBD Guacamole
Are you looking for a more casual appetizer? You can never go wrong with guacamole. Use organic corn chips with this CBD recipe for a completely healthy snack at the holidays or throughout the year.
- ½ teaspoon CBD oil
- 3 Hass avocados halved and pitted
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- ½ cup onion, finely diced
- 2 small tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ jalapeno, minced
- In a medium bowl, peel avocados and mash using a fork or potato masher.
- Mix in lime juice and CBD oil, whipping until smooth.
- Add other ingredients and mix.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
Don’t have time to make these CBD recipes? Then get creative! CBD oil can be infused into pretty much any type of food such as smoothies, soups, and salads. Or surprise everyone with a warm cup of ready to brew CBD coffee. Whatever way you choose to incorporate CBD into your holiday dinner, guests will be guaranteed to appreciate this delicious and innovative way to promote a healthier life.