Welcome to Cannabis Marketing and advertising Reside, All Puff. No Fluff.
Right now is all about blogging. In this episode, we’ll cover:
- Why blogging is essential for cannabis organizations
- What you have to have to know to get began
- Blogging Finest Practices
Verify it out!
When I began my 1st weblog in 2001, it was strictly for enjoyable and permitted me to do two points I appreciate:
- inform stories about my operate/travel adventures
- Remain in touch with pal and household devoid of obtaining to send emails to absolutely everyone (oh life prior to social media was so enjoyable when it came to staying in touch)
More than the years, it was essential for me to remain up-to-date about blogging for my students and consumers. I’ve taken classes about blogging, researched it extensively to construct a case for blogging at the university exactly where I worked, and lastly, I teach blogging as component of my social media classes.
But adequate about me. Let’s speak about why blogging is crtical for your cannabis corporation.
Blogging is nevertheless significant, and even far more so for cannabis organizations.
Take into account these stats:
- B2B organizations that blogged 11+ instances per month had pretty much 3X far more website traffic than these blogging -1 instances per month. (HubSpot, 2015)
- B2C organizations that blogged 11+ instances per month got far more than 4X as lots of leads than these that weblog only four-five instances per month. (HubSpot, 2015) (Supply: https://www.hubspot.com/promoting-statistics)
- 47% of purchasers viewed three-five pieces of content material prior to engaging with a sales rep. (Demand Gen Report, 2016)
- 94% of individuals who share posts do so due to the fact they consider it may well be useful to other individuals
Blogging is essential for cannabis organizations
Right here are a couple of causes why:
- You Personal the platform, you personal the content material
- Produce original content material that is new and necessary in the business
- Continue assisting to alter the perceptions about cannabis across the nation and the planet
- Improve your search rankings on Google (given that we cannot run paid advertisements on Google)
- Shoppers buy from web-sites that offered trusted facts and content material!
- No one particular can shut you down
What you have to have to get began
There are lots of tools out there that make blogging swiftly turn into intense and time-consuming, so we’re only going to concentrate on a couple of of them nowadays.
- Your corporation and site
- Clear objectives
- Fully grasp your audience (produce a buyer persona)
- Crucial subjects your audience is interested in – and there is a enormous lack of genuine content material to assist new cannabis prospects really feel comfy!
- Start out Writing
Blogging Finest Practices for Your Cannabis Small business
There are lots of finest practices and recommendations to use content material to develop your company. Right here are a couple of important recommendations to get you began!
Create for your audience
Who are you writing for? Are you writing for a millennial who is a typical smoker, or a infant boomer seeking to attempt it for the 1st time in decades? Create for them. Do not attempt to create for absolutely everyone, but create for them, you are speaking to genuine individuals
Who is your brand? What do you stand for? Why is your corporation in company? What is your Why? Use these guiding principles to remain accurate to your corporation and your audience. Our prospects are sophisticated and they can sense insincerity, so stick to becoming genuine. Life is also brief to do something else.
Use Your Search engine marketing Cannabis Key phrases
Create for your audience, but you want to make certain you are which includes Search engine marketing keyword phrases in your posts. Tools like Yoast (WordPress Plug-in), SEMRush and Answer the Public can assist you get began in discovering the finest cannabis keyword phrases for your company.
Use pictures, videos, GIFs, podcasts, or what ever is a lot easier for you and fits your style. Constantly make certain you are utilizing keyword phrases and describing your content material. Google does not scan videos so actual words are nevertheless important to enhancing your search final results, buyer trust, and expanding your company!