The NZ govt has now published a variety of sources about the upcoming referendum in 2020 such as text of the draft bill. Here’s the summary of positions and we also highlight some of what is stated on the now published official web site.
Here’s the summary of positions and under we highlight some of what is stated on the now published official web site
Web page URL https://www.referendum.govt.nz/cannabis/index.html
This referendum will ask the public whether or not the recreational use of cannabis should really grow to be legal
- The referendum will give the public the chance to vote on whether or not the recreational use of cannabis should really grow to be legal.
- The Government has released a draft Cannabis Legalisation and Manage Bill for public consideration. The draft Bill describes the important elements of proposed guidelines about expanding, promoting and getting cannabis for recreational purposes. The Government is publishing a draft Bill at this point to guarantee that New Zealanders are informed about the path becoming taken and the choices that have been produced to date. The final draft Bill, which will be released in early 2020, will include additional detail and take into account feedback on the existing draft.
The referendum query
The proposed referendum query is:
Do you help the proposed Cannabis Legalisation and Manage Bill?
Yes, I help the proposed Cannabis Legalisation and Manage Bill.
No, I do not help the proposed Cannabis Legalisation and Manage Bill.
Core components of the Draft Cannabis Legalisation and Manage Bill
The draft Bill proposes a regulatory model that is a government-controlled regulated marketplace covering the production, provide and use of cannabis.
The draft legislation outlining the proposed regulated scheme for legally accessing cannabis is at the moment becoming created. Study the initial version of the draft Cannabis Legalisation and Manage Bill under.
The core components of the proposed scheme are:
- A minimum acquire and use age of 20
- Confining use to private houses and licensed premises
- Prescribing circumstances for individual expanding and sharing
- Needs for public overall health messaging
- Licensing the complete of the provide chain
- Restricting advertising and marketing and marketing
Study a summary of the important policy choices produced to date (PDF 729KB)
Draft Cannabis Legalisation and Manage Bill (PDF, 478KB)
Draft Cannabis Legalisation and Manage Bill (HTML)
The Summary of Policy Positions (PDF 729KB)
Cabinet paper, 2020 Cannabis Referendum – Draft material for public release(PDF, 1.5MB)