Stress less this season with these decadent chocolate peppermint full spectrum CBD truffles.
Do you know someone who loves Chocolate and CBD? These are the perfect decadent treats to make for a loved one or for yourself to help you relax this holiday season! We could all use some relaxation and Pure Hemp Botanicals Full Spectrum CBD oil is great for helping you destress and soothe your body and mind.
You can make variations of these truffles by using dark or milk chocolate and adding flavor with baking extracts like raspberry, orange, peppermint, or any other flavor combo you love. You can find these specialty flavored extracts in the baking aisle at the grocery store. If you do not enjoy the taste of CBD oil, these peppermint chocolates will please your tastebuds. The creamy chocolatey richness of these truffles masks the natural earthy flavor of the CBD oil for the perfect delicious dose!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Cooling time: 3 hours
This recipe makes about 20 truffles, each truffle contains approximately 20mg serving of CBD
What You Will Need:
½ Cup dark or milk semisweet chopped chocolate (approximately 4 oz)
2 ¼ Tablespoons of butter cut into pieces
4 Tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
Pinch of fine sea salt
Optional Flavor: 5 drops of peppermint extract or any other flavor (raspberry and orange are delicious too!)
Optional additional toppings: Finely chopped pistachios, holiday sprinkles or orange zest (makes these truffles look more special for gifts)
- On the stovetop on medium to low heat create a double broiler.
- When the water under the bowl is warm add chocolate chips and butter, a pinch of sea salt, and melt slowly.
- Once the chocolate mixture is warm and melted add 8 1ml droppers of Pure Hemp Botanicals 1,5000mg CBD Oil Full Spectrum Tincture 400mg of CBD.
- Optional: add 5 drops of peppermint extract or another flavored extract.
- Turn off heat and stir thoroughly until CBD is completely blended in.
- Remove the bowl from the pot and wipe all the water off the bottom.
- Cool for 10 minutes, then cover and place in the fridge for 3 hours until hardened.
- When chocolate is hardened, take it out of the fridge and let it warm back up to room temperature.
- When it is slightly soft use a small melon scoop and scrape the surface until you get a small ball about 1 inch.
- Chocolate mixture should make about 20 1inch size truffles.
- Now spread the cocoa powder in a cake pan and roll each ball around in it.
- Optional: Roll truffle in additional toppings at this step and gently press the truffle to secure the toppings.
- Repeat this process until all the truffles are coated. Your truffles are ready!
- Keep truffles in a container and refrigerate to store.
- Use within 2 weeks for freshness or freeze extras in an airtight bag.
Take CBD truffles out of the fridge 10 minutes before serving for a soft smooth bite-size delight.
For giving as a gift place your truffles in an airtight container with a note to refrigerate for freshness. Made with Pure Hemp Botanicals Full Spectrum CBD oil tincture, these homemade CBD truffles have about 20mg of CBD a piece and make a heartfelt holiday gift for a friend who loves CBD! Stress less and enjoy the relaxing effects of Full Spectrum CBD oil in a decadent chocolate truffle!